In this episode of OTT Question Time we looked at the TV and on-demand industry through a wide-angle lens as lockdowns in many parts of the world started to ease. Together with Gulliver Smithers, former SVP of Product & Technology at Sony Pictures Entertainment and now CTO at RampRate IT, Adam Nightingale, SVP Commercial at Deltatre and Fred Black, Senior Analyst at Ampere Analysis, we talked about:
- Whether the high levels of TV / VOD viewing since the lockdowns started could be maintained
- AVOD, SVOD and Pay-TV trends now and over the next two quarters
- The state of content commissioning and production
- How broadcaster and service provider product and technology roadmaps have evolved over this period
- And how the industry has coped overall during the pandemic
About the author : Kauser Kanji
I've been working in online video since 2005 and have held senior roles at NBC Universal, ITN and Virgin Media. I've also completed VOD projects for the BBC, Netflix, Sony Pictures and a host of broadcasters and service-providers all over the world. Catch me on our weekly debate show, OTT Question Time, or drop me a line on LinkedIn.