OTT Question Time returned last Thursday, 25th June, and to kick off the new season, we discussed OTT user engagement and sticky UI / UX.
Together with Jonathan Kelly, Experience Director at Candyspace, Gulliver Smithers, formerly of Sony Pictures, BBC Studios and ITV plus Chris Ambrozic, VP & GM Discovery at TiVo, we covered:
– How digital and OTT user engagement has evolved over the years
– How the amount of ‘TV’ we’re watching has continued to climb in the streaming era
– The psychology and science behind how user interfaces keep us glued to the screen
– Dealing with the ‘Engagement Paradox’ of encouraging viewers to use your OTT services but doing this in a healthy, non-addictive way
– And five strategies that might help foster this healthier relationship (e.g. more personalised content recommendation, offering a variety of content, parental controls, in-app time tracking tools and education)
Watch the video below!