Designing OTT user interfaces and experiences for Smart TVs presents some unique challenges. Compared to smartphones and tablets, which can be deeply personal devices, television sets were – and increasingly are again – where families watch together. TV on a TV is watched from a distance rather than up close. Navigation and search are controlled via handheld remotes or voice. And there’s a whole lot more screen real estate to play with and fill. How do you address all of these elements to create best-in-class Smart TV experiences? That’s the topic of a special webinar which we hosted with Synamedia and 3SS, on Thursday 7th October, 3pm UK / 4pm CET.
Together with Itzhak Elyakim, CTO at Yes Israel, Avi Ben Simon, Head of Delivery at Synamedia and Stefan Blickensdörfer, CTO of 3SS, we also explored:
- How TVs have regained their position as the prime mode for watching linear and on-demand
- Designing and developing experiences for multiple TV and STB operating systems and standards
- Feature scope: VOD, live TV, Mini EPG, Restart, parental controls, right to left UX
- Login, user profiles, search and other functions that need fast inputs
- And the further evolution of Smart TV experiences
Delivering best-in-class Smart TV experiences is free to watch now here.