TiVo has released a retooled version of its Video Trends Report, which is now a biannual presentation of findings from consumer opinion surveys of 4,000+ viewers in the U.S. and Canada.
The ‘Video Trends Report: January 2019 explores preferences in pay-TV, à la carte bundling, SVOD and free OTT video services, including:
- How the average viewer interacts with various services
- Changes in the pay-TV subscriber base
- Viewer satisfaction with video content
- Sentiments regarding personalised recommendations
- Voice search usage
- Consumer feedback on key genres and content types
Survey findings reveal the number of video services used by the average viewer has increased by 26% since 2017. Further:
- 31% of respondents do not currently or never have used any major monthly OTT/SVOD service
- 19% of respondents plan to cut the cord to a non-Pay-TV or live TV service
- The average age of “cord-nevers” is 37.3; “cord-onlys” are significantly older (average age 52.8)
- 35% of non-pay-TV viewers said they were “very satisfied” with free online video services
Download the full report here https://blog.tivo.com/2019/01/tivo-video-trends-report-january-2019/
I've been working in online video since 2005 and have held senior roles at NBC Universal, ITN and Virgin Media. I've also completed VOD projects for the BBC, Netflix, Sony Pictures and a host of broadcasters and service-providers all over the world. Catch me on our weekly debate show, OTT Question Time, or drop me a line on LinkedIn.