At this week’s OTT Question Time – and after only 28 episodes! – we’re finally hosting a session dedicated to talking about Netflix. Is there anything left to say about the streaming giant? Sure there is. We’ll start with a quick history of Netflix’s origins as a DVD-based company, its pivot to online video, how it created its iconic UI and content recommendation system and its customer acquisition strategy, domestically and internationally. Together with our panellists, Gulliver Smithers, CTO of RampRate IT, Tom Williams, CEO of Ostmodern and Clare Kandola of Vidya Collective, we’ll then:
- Do a Netflix SWOT analysis
- Explore its business model and growth prospects
- Discuss its product and innovations
- Consider its competitors in Disney, Amazon, Apple and Google
- And look at the future of both the VOD world and Netflix’s place in it.
OTT Question Time #29 will be streamed, via Zoom, on Thursday 25th February at 4pm (UK). Click here to register and watch live!