At this week’s OTT Question Time we talked about building a profitable AVOD business and explored:
- The AVOD market opportunity in the UK, Europe and the USA: how it has evolved over the past few years, whether AVOD’s time has now come in the light of both rising OTT viewing and the greater number of SVODs and what the future might hold for AVOD
- The AVOD platforms that content can be shared with including Facebook, YouTube, Amazon PVD and other OTT services
- The technologies involved in getting content to those different platforms
- How commercial deals are structured and optimised
- The use of data in assessing how content is performing, across platforms, over time
- And the role of MCNs (Multi-Channel Networks) in helping to create sustainable AVOD services
Joining us on the panel for OTTQT #7 were Kasia Jablonska, Head of Digital and Monetisation at Endemol Shine Group, Francesco Denti, formerly of Fox Networks and now Global Content Advisor to the Web Stars Channel Group in Italy, and Simon Murray, Principal Analyst at Digital TV Research.