I’m Kauser Kanji and I founded VOD Professional in 2011. Back then, I’d already been working in online video for six years – leading OTT projects at Virgin Media, NBC Universal, ITN and Trinity Mirror – and I started blogging with the aim of understanding industry technologies and figuring out how to build brilliant on-demand services.
Now, in 2021, I do four main things:
- I talk about the future of TV with broadcasters, film studios, operators, service-providers, suppliers and analysts at my weekly debate show, OTT Question Time. I also host an annual conference called The Business of Future TV
- I interview senior execs and write reports and whitepapers: commercial, product, strategic and technical
- I help vendors with business development by introducing them to customers, hosting and moderating events and with branding, messaging and content writing
- And I conduct research and analysis for clients like Netflix, the BBC, Sony Pictures Entertainment, Akamai, TiVo and a range of broadcasters all over the world
Drop me a line if you’d like to appear on an OTT Question Time panel, speak at our next annual The Business of Future TV event or want to brief me on a project.
Some of my recent client papers include:
– Broadcaster Strategies for Making OTT Advertising a Success
– The Business Case for Launching a D2C OTT Service
– Technology Infrastructure, Products & Suppliers Review (for a European broadcaster)
– The Business of Future TV: Analysing Performance, Revenues, Opportunities & Challenges in the Next Business Cycle
– Feasibility Study: Transitioning from AVOD to SVOD